Contact Confusion

Get help with using the editor.
K0FG

Contact Confusion

Post by K0FG »

I used the tools option to generate a ham contacts list. I generated a new contact list and selected just a couple small countries for testing. Then clicked on generate and then write to radio. That was successful.

Now when I click on contacts all I see is the 6-8 contacts, not ham contacts, that I had input manually before. Where are the ham contacts from the tools option stored? And can I see them?

When I try to create a channel and want to link that channel to a contact the only contacts I see are the few I manually input, not the ham contacts generated by the program.

Under menu settings the contacts, ham contacts and ham groups are all checked, which I think means they can be seen by the program. All options are checked except GPS.

Fred, K0FG
MM7DBT
Site Admin
200posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Contact Confusion

Post by MM7DBT »

Contacts:
Is where you would add the talkgroups that will then be used to create RX Groups and assign to channels.

Ham Contacts:
Is the DMR ID database that is used to show the info when receiving. The radio automatically looks in the Ham Contacts list for the DMR ID and displays the name, country etc.
You can view the Ham Contacts on the radio from within the Contacts menu, there you will see the list of Ham Contacts that you uploaded to the radio.
You will not see the Ham Contacts that are on the radio when using the editor.
-73 de MM7DBT