Update problem with 0.2.1123.3

Report any bugs or errors you find here.
Tyrbiter
Callsign: G8SEZ

Re: Update problem with 0.2.1123.3

Post by Tyrbiter »

I too downloaded the latest installer version and now it shows as being up to date.

I had previously updated to the previous version successfully, so it was able to download the updater without any problems then. No idea why that would have changed, I have not done anything obvious that would have caused such a problem.

An odd glitch, let's hope it doesn't happen again :)
--

Brian
F1RMB
Callsign: F1RMB

Post by F1RMB »

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the delay.

MM7DBT wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:10 pm Strange :?
When you click 'Yes' to the update prompt, does CPEditor close and the updater console window open? Like in the video/gif I posted earlier?
This is a separate program, CPEUpdater.exe, which can be temporarily seen in the same directory as CPEditor.exe
Since CPEditor.exe can't be replaced while it's in use the updater runs in a separate program and downloads the latest CPEditor.exe and replaces the old one.
Nope, CPEditor stays visible, nothing is created in the exe directory.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

I have just had the same updating problem happen again with 0.2.1202.1 where the update window appeared but clicking yes did nothing.

Downloading the new installer for the CDR-300 and running it has updated OK, not sure why the inbuilt update process doesn't work for me.
--

Brian
MM7DBT
Site Admin
200posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Post by MM7DBT »

Try running CPEditor as Administrator and see if it works. Something has to be blocking the extraction and running of the updater program.
Clicking 'yes' should close CPEditor and run the updater, which once complete automatically restarts CPEditor again.

You have mentioned that it worked before but since when each version is built from source it will have a new hash/signature.. which may be getting picked up by an anti-virus, anti-malware software which is blocking it.
-73 de MM7DBT
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

My installed version now has no option to run as administrator, a right click does not show this. I did see some sort of downloading activity but nothing ran and there was no dialogue box from Defender.

I have downloaded and updated the latest installer, so I now have 0.2.1205.1

Again once installed there is no option to run as administrator.
--

Brian
MM7DBT
Site Admin
200posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Post by MM7DBT »

For some reason the default shortcut type used when using an installer created with Visual Studio is an "Advertised Shortcut" rather than a normal shortcut to the actual exe file in the program files folder.
That type of shortcut doesn't have the run as option by default, you can access it by holding the shift key when right clicking on the icon.

However, I have updated the installers to create normal shortcuts when installing. So if you re-install using the new installer it should bring the option back.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-73 de MM7DBT
Tyrbiter

Post by Tyrbiter »

OK, will try that now that I know.

Options on right click are all back now, thanks.
--

Brian