Errors with 0.2.1031.1 and a new codeplug

Report any bugs or errors you find here.
Tyrbiter
Callsign: G8SEZ

Errors with 0.2.1031.1 and a new codeplug

Post by Tyrbiter »

I see problems with a fairly simple codeplug based on scot2.json which reads in just fine.

I have edited a csv file that was exported after reading scot2.json into the CPEditor, essentially chopping out many of the DV repeaters and ending up with 7 of them, then reducing the analogue repeaters down to half a dozen. All the other features like the APRS and repeater list are matching these. The repeaters of both types are edited with the information for my local area.

I then imported the modified csv, saved it as a json and wrote this to the CDR-300, the radio seems happy and at this point the CPEditor is happy.

However if I close the editor and then reopen it and read in the saved json file I get an error telling me that a value is out of array bounds. The data does not appear in the editor window.

The other problem is that if I have the csv file open in LibreOffice Calc then CPEditor gives me an error dialogue which I assume is due to the error not being handled in the editor code. Probably minor, but the file should be OK to read unless it's not saved I would think.

I have attached the files in the hope that it helps identify where things are going wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--

Brian
MM7DBT
Site Admin
200posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Errors with 0.2.1031.1 and a new codeplug

Post by MM7DBT »

Try it with new version, 0.2.1031.3

Issue with the JSON file is that the APRS Digital Channel 3 was set to use Zone 34 Channel 1.. Which no longer exists, resulting in the array bounds error.
I have fixed this by resetting it to use 'Current Channel' if the specified Zone/Channel doesn't exist.

Also the issue with the error when trying to open a CSV while it is already open (in LibreOffice / OpenOffice / MSOffice etc) was due to the function I was using to open and read the file.
I have switched to another function which does now open the file for reading, even if it is already open :)
-73 de MM7DBT
Tyrbiter
Callsign: G8SEZ

Re: Errors with 0.2.1031.1 and a new codeplug

Post by Tyrbiter »

Ok David, thanks for that. I knew there was something odd about the APRS section and had tried to sort it out but I am not yet familiar enough with the Kydera CPS, it's quite different from the various other radios that I think descended from Hytera/Tytera codeplugs where there is more separation between channels and zones so you can start with channels and then build the other zones and groups with less confusion.

It allows me to open the json file, I shall take your word for opening files in read mode.
--

Brian